Wednesday 6 August 2014

What's in my bag... Birthday edition

So recently I exited my teen years and turned 20!!! I normally don't ask for much and leave it up to my family to decide normally a gift card or money thrown in a card or a cute sentimental keep sake... This year it was mainly money which I have yet to spend but a couple of things jumped out at me...
Last year I brought my Michael Kors Jet Set bag whilst in London as my birthday gift and this year I thought I'd do the same but without fully pushing the boat out...
The bag on the right is last years Medium Jet Set Tote in saffiano leather with silver hardwear and top zipper it was a pricy purchase at £220.00 but it hasn't marked, worn or creased up in the past year even having used almost everyday since I purchased.

The bag on the left is this years purchase however it is last seasons design as I got it at an outlet shopping village for £169.00 half off the orignal price I chose the pearl grey with rose gold hardwear to match my 2 year old watch...


I don't keep much in my bag but I love seeing what others keep in theirs when watching videos and reading blogs so here is what was in my bag on my birthday...


So as I said this is a bag from last seasons collection but if you head to a michael kors official outlet you may still be able to find it, it's the grab bag style and only has a small band of leather with a rose gold popper to secure the top so if you prefer something a little more secure this isn't the bag for you! 


So first thing that always goes into my bag is my purse this was also an outlet purchase on my birthday to replace my oh so reliable Oxblood radley purse that has slowly been leaking my coppers into the bottom of various bags, it is the Michael Kors continental purse in pearl grey and rose gold and was only £79 rather than the RRP of £129. If I'm not wearing it I always slip my watch into my bag just in case I feel the need to wear it later in the day.


Next is my sunnies these are the Ray Ban 3016 clubmasters in tortoiseshell with gold detailing I love them they are so comfy to wear and save me from my increadably sun sensitive eyes! My sound strange but I don't like the ray ban cases if I find them too soft to protect the glasses in my bag so I picked up this h&m case which is a similar style to the ray ban case but slightly harder and more protective.


Other outlet purchase from about a year ago is my Lulu Guiness pouch this is the Lulu's hotel design and I keep my earphones, paracetamol, a pack of tissues, lip balm, gum and normally my phone and keys in as it's easier to find them all in one place than rummaging through my bag and also makes it so much easier when swapping bags as I never forget anything...


Last but not least, this was actually a birthday present that I had asked for from my dad but will certainly be in my bag daily from now on no matter the weights of it! This is the fujifilm instead mini 8 in blue it is a Polaroid camera which means I can take a phot and it's printed instantly using the film cartridges placed in the back of the camera, mine came with 4 cartridges from John Lewis however they are available at urban outfitters without the film which is relatively inexpensive! 

That's it for my what's in my bag birthday edition hopefully I will do a couple more of this over the summer before heading back to university in less than a month... It's flown by so fast I can't believe I'm 20 and heading back to my final year of uni! 

Howe have you spent your summer has it been flying by fast for you aswell?

Laura xo





No comments: