Wednesday 20 August 2014

Summer Haul...

So in the next couple of weeks I've got a few things coming up; I'm going on holiday, going back to uni and starting my dissertation so over the past few weeks I've been picking up some things that will help me with the events coming up...
I firstly have a few clothing items for my holiday to Greece at the end of August, I'm not massively into summer holidays I much prefer Easter holidays in salopettes sitting on a chair lift with two planks on my feet up a snowy mountain skiing with my family than sitting by a pool or on a beach hence my very pale ghostly skin so I found it really hard to find stuff I liked but I did find a few things...

First off is this ever so comfy and soft 'National Park' tee from GAP I got it in the Yosemite valley design which has a darkish floral print in the text, its a relatively baggy t-shirt with tight sleeves which I loved because it mean it doesn't slip off my shoulders.



I went into Topshop a couple of days later a picked up a couple of things the first was in the sale, the MOTO tropical print babydoll dress which I'm going to use a cover up to go over my swimwear when going down to the beach or going for a walk when on holiday when I want to cover up with more than my sarong.


MOTO tropical babydoll dress - Topshop - £10 (sale)

I also picked up this waffle textured black skort in Topshop which I LOVE it makes me feel really comfortable and not like I'm going to flash my underwear by accident on a night out or getting out the car like short skirts would normally its really versatile and can be dressed up or down for any occasion.



I picked up two swimwear items the first I picked up was from Next and I'm not sure you can still pick it up but the style is very easy to find in other stores, its a basic swimsuit which is white with a black floral and butterfly pattern. I'm not 100% sure on this suit but when I'm sitting by the pool reading a good book I don't really care how I look as long as I'm getting a tan!


Swimsuit - NEXT - £25

The second was a bikini from ASOS, I wasn't sure on this one either when I first got it but I really love the shape of the top and over time looking at it the pattern and colours have grown on me its so comfy and I don't feel as though I'm going to slip out of the bottoms which is always a worry as I have a petite frame.



The final piece I brought specifically for my holiday are my favourite purchase they are the iPanema pink beach style flip flops I previously had the white ones but wanted a pop of colour this year they are so comfy I can wear these walking the streets and not get a blister unlike when I wear others.



My final two purchases where a bit of a impulse purchase the first thing was a Kate spade phone case which to replace my battered old case its a gorgeous brightly coloured jumbo floral case and I love it but it was super hard to choose from all her amazing prints...


Jumbo Floral Resin iPhone case - Kate Spade - £24

The final piece was a bit of a blow-out impulse purchase but they are so worth it... I'm a bit of a jean's freak I don't really wear anything but Skinny Jean as they make me feel comfortable so when I saw these bright olive Burberry Westbourne jeans I fell in love they fit really nicely and mum sort of pushed me into the purchase so who's going to say no... Although I don't think I'll be wearing them for everyday.


Westbourne Jean - Burberry - £195

I hope your having a great summer season get out in the sun whilst it lasts...

Laura xo




No comments: