Friday 22 August 2014

My Dressing Table and Makeup Organisation...

I've never been super organised and never really have a place in my own space to sit down to do my makeup, write a post or do my university work I normally sit on the floor or stand in front of a mirror or lounge across my bed papers and laptop strewn across.
So I popped down to IKEA and picked up the MALM dressing table (£95), I have most of the MALM range (chester of drawers, shelving block and bedside tables) so it made sense to stick to the theme...


The table is very simple the usual IKEA thick painted board I got the white finish to got with the rest of my furniture, it also comes with a glass top which i super handy as I have noticed a few grubby marks and scratches on my other units.  The unit also has a draw which is a little on the small side but enough to fit a coupLe of the KUPOL storage units. My makeup pallets and a few other bits and pieces, the unit is also the perfect width to fit my laptop on with a few bits and bobs around it such as my jewellery tray, deodorant and perfumes and two pots with pens and makeup brushes.


The unit its ment to be used as an area to get ready but I think it is perfect for use as a small desk as the series' actual desks are just  too bulky looking to fit into a bedroom environment for my liking.
Inside the draw as I said I keep a couple of sets of the KUPOL drawer units a larger drawer where I keep my base and face products aswell as two of the smaller drawers which are perfect for blushers, bronzers mascara and eyeliners. I also have a plastic basket which I had lying around the room empty for ages which fits my everyday and most used lipsticks, glosses and liners in. My palletes also sit in this drawerjust loose with my naked palletes taking pride of place, I also have a few makeup bags with products I either havent used and are new or products I dont use on a regular basis.
Also rolling about I keep my makeup setting sprays (MAC fix+ and Urban Decay All Nighter), my simple spotless skin moisterisure and my tea tree oil cream (perfect for any spot emergency) and the ever so important in the spring and summer my hayfever tablets.


I would definately recomend this unit for anyone looking for a small desk that wont take up a tonne of space and would still like a small amount of storage within it, it also pairs grately with the £10 ADDE chair which can be dressed up with a throw over the back and a cushion on the seat for those on a budget...




Laura xo

No comments: