Friday 18 July 2014

I love a good Steak...

If you haven't followed me yet on Instagram hit it up on the links on the side of this page and you will see that on the 7th of July I headed down to London and dinned in the Gaucho tower bridge restaurant on the south bank of the Thames over looking the iconic Tower Bridge and the Tower of London. 
If I wasn't lucky enough to enjoy a great steak dinner that day the following Saturday I visited my Dad in Leeds and visited the well known Black House on East Parade which was amazing as well however both restaurants had a very different feel and atmosphere, the Black house is laid back and comfortable with the tables surrounding an open bar, booths with comfy leather seats and old wood barn type dining tables a what I see as very British steak house.
 Whereas Gaucho being an Argentinian steak house is a mirage of cowhide and black and white with an open kitchen front hidden at the back round tables and square tables dotted around but still for my liking a but too close to each other that I could hear how the working day of the suited and booted man on the next table was but this view made up slightly for this...


The food though was not to be sniffed at in either restaurant...

At gaucho they come to your table with a wooden block with each cut of meat on and the waiter tells you which they suggest is best for how you like your steak cooked, the only bad thing about this experience... the drips of blood coming off the raw meat slowly running down the block, I ordered the rump or Caudril on the menu infused with chilli with a side of chips (of course what else)  which were both amazing tender served perfectly to my liking and was truly a heavenly chilli flavoured melt-in the mouth bite of goodness and the tender-stem broccoli marinated in soy, chill and sesame seeds which I wouldn't recommend.

To make the judging fair at the Black house I went again for the Rump (my favourite cut)  just with chips this time, however my dads asparagus in hollandaise did look amazing, again the steak was amazing cooked to perfection melted in my mouth however the chips truly made this dish crisp on the outside soft and fluffy on the inside sprinkled with rock salt.

If I was to recommend just one the restaurants I couldn't but if I was to say anything it would be if you want to show off and go for a posh steak go to Gaucho, but if you want to relax with a few friends a cocktail and good food go to the Blackhouse (go after 8 and their is an incredible piano player who making the experience even more relaxed).

If your someone who enjoys good wholesome food like me tell me where your favourite places to eat are and maybe I check them out...

Laura xo

No comments: