Tuesday 27 May 2014

What I've been Loving...

There aren't many things that I can truly say are my 'favorites' and that I would re-purchase or constantly use so I thought instead of doing favorites posts I would show you guys things that I've been loving every so often I can't promise they will always be interesting and wont include boring things such as Food and Apps on my phone but I'll try to make it as interesting and diverse as I can...

Firstly is my new Soigne nail lacquer in Permission I got in my May Birchbox and wasn't sure on the color at first being bright orange and all but then I took the plunge thing hey its summer when else can I get away with a bright orange nail?! I love how it applies you could probably get away with just one coat but because of habits I always apply two coats, I've not had it on long enough due to events and other reasons to test out how long it last without chipping but I guess with a decent top coat polish it would last around a week.
I also love this brand as they promote using non-toxic ingredients and have some really lovely vibrate colors the only place I've found to pick up these gorgeous lacquers is on the Birchbox website unfortunately but if I find elsewhere that sells them I'll be sure to let you all know.

My second love of the month was purchased for my universities summer ball its from MAC and its one of their amplified formulas in Chatterbox (ideal for me my mouth never closes!) and is a lovely smooth lipstick with just as lovely pink color it complimented my natural lip color even though its described by MAC as a bright red-pink and wasn't to cakey after a couple of applications during the night, I love MAC lipsticks they smell delicious however I what I don't love is the price tag much like with all MAC products!


My next love is also a sanity keep I have really bad skin it is constantly itching or flaking (I know... eww) and they get really blotchy, I tried the Vaseline moisturizer but they seemed to make them worse so I went with my gut and many reviews and got an Aveeno lotion I got the Skin Relief formula with shea butter and I can honestly say it has made my skin so much better I'm hardly scratching and it just makes me feel so nice and smooth! I LOVE IT! Its currently on offer in the UK in boots stores for just under £5 so get it while you can if you have any similar issues to me I highly recommend it!


My final mention is another summer ball purchase and was very last minute from ASOS (thank goodness for Prime) I never normally where choker type necklaces but the shape caught my eye and with the dress I was wearing I couldnt wear anything with too much of a drop so it was perfect it fit lovely and I hardly noticed I was wearing it all night its lightweight and didnt move around too much unlike regular pendant necklace, ASOS have some lovely mecklaces of a similar style at the moment go check them out but dont forget the 10% discount with your NUS or UniDays codes!!


Dont forget to head on over to my Instagram page (@laura_does_life) to see the necklace and lipstick in action in my summer ball post, I hope you all enjoyed this post and hopefully there will be more again soon!

Laura xo

P.S: keep a look out on friday for another new type of post from new that I hope you'll enjoy!

No comments: