Friday 23 May 2014

My Second Year experiences

After an all but great first year at university I didn't expect much from my second year other than more disappointing grades, emotional phone calls home and sitting in my room hiding from everyone... well i can safely say to anyone who is thinking about going to uni and is unsure they will be able to emotionally cope, IT DOES GET BETTER!
I met a great group of people last year and moved into a house with a few of them this year, not knowing what to expect i moved in with all barriers in place but I settled quickly and got relaxed... I would say that for this reason my grades picked up noticeably I was starting my work way ahead of time feeling less stressed about assignments and attending my lectures more.
Freshers week, Wednesday Night socials, Thursday Girly Nights, Birthday Meals and Summer Ball have all been highlights to my year with a solid set of real friends now there for me when I need them I am more confident in myself and my work..
If anyone was to ever ask me if I regret my university experience I would answer with a definite 'NO' if anything i regret not making myself happier in the first year and hiding away my emotions...
So here's a mini summary my second year of university as its almost over and the big Dissertation word is starting to scare me I'd much rather look back on those times I've had with some great people this year.


The Halloween Cat Netball Social

Netball Society at Aston Villa UCB Summer Ball 2014

                                     
UCB vs Wolverhampton Varsity

  

Second year freshers at Rainbow 

  

The first whole house night out- Gatecrasher

   

The disaster house night - Mechu


Me and my girlie birds at UCB summer ball 2014, love a good photo booth

   

Ready for a night out with all the girls

This year has taught me going out every week isnt what the university experience is about, enjoy the time you go out with friends but most importantly its about enjoying the course your doing and making lasting memories with those around you who really matter

Laura xo

No comments: